Sunday, February 1, 2015

So....about January.

I'm not even sure what happened. 

I was cruising right along, ahead of my 2014 reading goal, all my Christmas shopping was done, the kids were done with school, I had everything under control, and BOOM. 

I got slammed by the book rut of all book ruts. 

I tried everything.   Switching genres, reading locations, rereading tried and true favorites.  Nothing worked.

The book world wasn't completely off my radar -- I added multiple titles to my to-read list and I discovered a love for audiobooks (oddly enough though, only recordings of book I have already read can hold my interest).  I considered signing up for countless review tours and I DID sign up to be a part of a blog hop - more on that later.

I just couldn't find it in me to actually read.  

Don't get me wrong, it wasn't like I was miserable and suffering.  I had a great holiday season with my family and friends, watched my daughter play a lot of soccer and witnessed my son discover a love of competitive swimming. 

And I knitted.

And knitted.


 

 And knitted.





 And knitted.




But then bookish friends came to the rescue and held my hand while I found my way back.  And I started a book and finished it in three days - which is HUGE after what I've been living for the past 6ish weeks.

So I think...maybe...that you'll be hearing from me again soon.  Before March.  Maybe even this week, if things continue the way I think they will.   I miss reading and blogging and writing my thoughts about the words and characters I get to fall in love with.  And if I'm being realistic, how many hats and scarves and gloves and cowls can one girl need?

My fingers are crossed, my Goodreads is open, and the books stacked up on the table beside me are whispering my name.  February is when I find my way back.  I can feel it!

XOXO





1 comment: