Today, I am super excited to be posting as part of the 14 Days of Fictional Swoon Blog Hop, hosted by Fic Fare and Swoony Boys. In addition to our super amazing hosts, there are over 20 other blogs participating and talking about all things swoony.
So, on to the good stuff...my assigned topic: Fictional Boy That Caught You Off Guard. I have to admit that when I first started thinking about my list, I was a bit worried about my ability to come up with one. I mean, I read for the swoons and heart flutters and feels -- so if that's what I look for in a book, what are the odds that I'm going to be taken by surprise, right? So yeah, I was worried.
But then I started bouncing a few ideas around in my head and sent messages back and forth with my bookish other half and not only did I come up with one, I came up with 10. And I probably could have found more. But I'm stopping at 10. For now.
So, without further ado and in no particular order, here are the boys that caught me off guard:
Mr. Darcy (Pride and Prejudice) -- holy arrogant. Until he isn't. We won't discuss how many years it has been, but I still remember the aha moment when I realized that I had misjudged him.
Jonah Griggs (On the Jellicoe Road) -- At first, I hated him. I was prepared to continue as I fought through the confusion that almost made me put this book down and not finish reading. And then...well, he's on my list for a reason.
The Darkling (The Grisha trilogy) -- I mean, he's the bad guy. But I can't help it. The tingles...I have them.
Soren (The Original Sinners series) -- If you had told me before that I would pledge my eternal devotion to a character like Soren, I'd have never believed you. But I do. Forever. And I can't even talk about the fact that the series is almost over.
Park (Eleanor & Park) -- he is everything. But I wasn't expecting him.
TJ Callahan (On the Island) -- It took me a LOOOOONG time to get the courage to read this book because the premise freaked me out. I obviously got over it :)
Will Traynor (Me Before You) -- Even knowing his situation, the way he was hateful to his family and to Lou infuriated me. But then they go on an outing and he says things about red dresses. I think it may be time for a reread.
Daniel Rush (Covet) -- he isn't married to Claire. Usually that is a huge red flag for me.
Theodore Finch -- (All the Bright Places). I blame the book drought from hell for this one. I fully expected to have take 3 weeks to read a chapter and then have to reshelve it but then I met Finch. I finished this amazing book in days, and now have it on my Kindle, a hard copy and the audiobook. Surprise!
Hector (Fire & Thorns trilogy) -- I didn't even realize I loved him until I did. He is a sneaky one :)
So there you have it. My list as it stands today. And to think that I was worried that I wouldn't be able to pull this off :)
Leave me a comment and let me know who is on your list. Then go check out the other fun bloggers taking part in the hop and see what they have to say about all the fictional swoons. And if the swoons aren't enough, each blog is hosting their own giveaway as well as participating in a hop-wide scavenger hunt. Did you find my hidden words? Did you?
14 Days of Fictional Swooning Schedule
- February 1st- Fiction Fare
- February 1st- Swoony Boys Podcast
- February 2nd- Literary, etc.
- February 3rd- Adventures in YA Publishing
- February 3rd- A Soul Unsung: Book Gossip for the Soul
- February 4th- Bookish Things & More
- February 5th- Books and Swoons
- February 5th- Love at First Page
- February 6th- Awesome Book Nuts
- February 6th- Mainstream Passionista
- February 6th- The Book Sphere
- February 7th- I Turn the Pages
- February 7th- Andi's ABCs
- February 8th- Na's Not So Newsworthy Thoughts
- February 8th- WhoRUBlog
- February 9th- Gun in Act One
- February 9th- We So Nerdy
- February 10th- What Sarah Read
- February 10th- Flutters and Flails
- February 11th- The Book Addict's Guide
- February 11th- Effortlessly Reading
- February 11th- Lostbraincell's Bookish Blog
- February 12th- GReads!
- February 12th- Books Equal Awesomeness
- February 13th- My Friends Are Fiction
- February 13th- Lee Kelly: New Write City
- February 14th- Fiction Fare
- February 14th- Swoony Boys Podcast
a Rafflecopter giveaway
a Rafflecopter giveaway