Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday - Top Ten Books Dealing With Tough Subjects

So the super fun bloggers at The Broke and The Bookish host a fun challenge called Top Ten Tuesday and I thought I'd give it a try.

This week's topic:  Top Ten Books Dealing With Tough Subjects

Ok, so wow.  Fun stuff, right? :)  But when I sat down and thought about it, many of my recent favorites have been books that push the emotional envelope a little bit.  Or a lot.

Some of these I plan on talking about in a future post, some of these you'll just have to trust me.  Email me, text me, track me down in the carpool line and I'll be glad to talk to you about them one on one -- but when faced with a blank page and a cursor...I can't find the words.  At least not today.

As always, click on the title for more info.















12 comments:

  1. Nice list. What did you think of Forbidden? I've heard alot about it, but I'm not brave enough to read it yet. Thanks for sharing! New follower. =)

    My TTT: http://gobsandgobsofbooks.blogspot.com/2013/05/top-ten-books-dealing-with-tough.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOVED LOVED LOVED Forbidden. Probably the toughest book I've ever read, but Tabitha Suzuma handles the topic perfectly. If you decide to read it, definitely let me know what you think!

      Off to check out your Top Ten **dust cloud**

      Delete
  2. These are some of my favorites too, but I'd add Laurie Halse Anderson's SPEAK and WINTERGIRLS. Both amazing (and tough) reads, but essential for teen girls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen most of these on lots of lists today. I guess that means I better read them, huh? I do love TFIOS (who doesn't?) and JELLICOE ROAD. Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list! I'm a big fan of many of these. I've been dying to get my hands on Me Before You, but the wait for it at the library is insane.

    My TTT list

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me Before You is definitely worth the wait -- it has been my favorite read of the year, so far :) Can't wait to go check out your list!

      Delete
  5. Me before you, I forgot that one, great choice, it broke my heart! AMC, TRW and JR are all on my wish list :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I'll ever get over MBY -- my favorite read of the year, thus far <3

      Delete
  6. Fault in Our Stars was a tear jerker, but one of my all time faves. Recommend it to everyone. I'll have to add the others to the gigantic "to read" pile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know what you think! Me Before You and Forbidden are amazing - especially for such taboo subjects

      Delete