Thursday, May 23, 2013

This Girl (Slammed #3) - Colleen Hoover


A few days ago, I did a quick Facebook status on my F&F page that mentioned Colleen Hoover.  I had just finished reading This Girl and was so overcome by, well...flails :) that I had to do something.  That was the whole point of me starting this blog and social media outreach -- TO DO SOMETHING WITH MY FEELS!  Because lets face it, I can tell my poor dog about all the books I love, but she's not going to do anything with it.

So...back to the point.  Normally, I am a big believer in less is more.  In a world where seemingly every book written is a part of a trilogy or series and books are divided into two movies (WHY???), when I heard that there was going to be a 3rd installment in the Slammed series and that it was going to be a retelling of Will and Lake's story from Will's point of view, I was honestly a little meh.  BUT...I also loved Slammed and Point of Retreat so much I knew that I'd end up reading it.

I ended up loving it. 

His perspective on their story, their relationship added just the right amount of...finish.  I didn't feel like this book was just a regurgitation of the previous two.  I didn't feel like it was excessive or unnecessary or over the top.  It felt right. 

“If I took every romantic poem, every book, every song, and every movie I've ever read, heard or seen and extracted the breathtaking moments, somehow bottling them up, they would pale in comparison to this moment.

This moment is incomparable.” 



And they lived happily ever after. 

No comments:

Post a Comment